Targeted Areas include
Learner readiness skills
Parent Education Program (PEP)
- Family Collaboration and Scientifically Proven Techniques
We offer the unique opportunity to collaborate with families so that each client receives the full advantage of a personalized treatment program. SLEA staff works closely with the family to create a circle of support, & services incorporate the scientifically proven principles of Applied Behavior Analysis.
- Comprehensive Assessment and Intensive Early Intervention for Children with Autism
A comprehensive assessment is conducted to determine the needs, then an intervention program is created to address behavioral deficits and reduce problems. Intensive programs include the use of the most appropriate ABA methods including Discrete Trial Training (DTT), Pivotal Response Training and teaching methodologies.
- Parent Education Program (PEP)
The PEP provides 16 hours of clinic based instruction and teaches parents key ABA principles which will develop their ability to advocate for their child. Group trainings provide a support system for parents and families who face daily challenges.
Targeted areas of training include:
- Self Help: Dressing, Toileting
- Pro-social: Eye contact, Greetings, Family participation, Following instructions
- Language: Requesting desired items, Requesting help/assistance, Conversations
- Behavioral Problems: Decreasing a problem behavior while teaching new appropriate behaviors