Presentations & Workshops
Did you know that we provide specialized workshops and staff development for our educational and contract partners?
SLEA has designed presentations that are specifically created to
meet the unique challenges of your site, staff and family community.
We will personalize each workshop so that the training is aligned with
your needs, mission and goals.
Our expertise, years of experience in training and professional growth
as well as recognition in our fields will provide your team with valuable
information to learn and grown in all of these areas!
Language and the Curriculum
- Understanding, Speaking, Reading, Writing: What’s the Connection?
- The Role of Memory in Learning and in Speaking
- Auditory Processing: Defined, Examined, Treated
- How Can the SLP Improve Reading Performance in the Schools
- Phonemic Awareness – Speaking and Reading
- Supporting Vocabulary and Language
Development Through Collaboration with Classroom Teachers
- Diverse Strategies for Diverse Populations
Staff Development for General and Special Education Staff
- School Based SLP Roles and Responsibilities
- Staffing and Assignments of Service Providers
- Avoiding Due Process
- Fostering Parent Relations
- Service Providers Professional Responsibilities and
- RtI – 3 Tiers of Prevention, Screening and Intervention
- Documentation Responsibilities
- Paraprofessional Training on Related Services
- Team Building and Leadership Skills
- Collaborative Services in Special Education Classrooms
- Secondary Students and Related Services Support
- Standards Based IEP Goals
- Workload vs. Caseload
- Professional Supervision and Performance Evaluation
- New Therapist and New Manager Training
- When and How to Refer for Related Services
- Effective Implementation of Eligibility Criteria and Service Completion
Staff Development For SLPs
- Stuttering Assessment and Treatment
- What is AAC? How do We Assess? How can we Assist our Students?
- Carryover Techniques and the iPad
- Service Delivery Reform
- Service Completion Guidelines and Strategies
- Boardmaker and School Service
- Parent Training
- Develop Your Supervision, Mentoring and Leadership Skills
- Preschool Assessment and Service
- Innovative Service Delivery options for School SLPs
- Managing SLP Schedules with Increasing Caseloads
- Clear Speech – Accent Modification
Autism, Language and Learning
- Autism, Language and Learning
- Executive Functioning: What We Need to Know
- Theory of Mind and the School Age Student
- Strategies for Promoting Pragmatic Language Skills in Groups
- Collaborative Instruction for Children with Autism
- Communication Strategies that Work for Students with Autism
- Speech, Language and Behavior – Bridging the Gap
English Language Learners
- What is Language Dominance and How is it Determined?
- Language Difference versus Language Disorder
- Linguistic Universals and the English Learner
- The Bilingual Assessment Process
- Using Interpreters for Valid Assessment of English Learners
- English Language Development for English Learners
A multidisciplinary team of educators and therapists working together with families to enhance the lives of individuals with
special needs, using innovative strategies and programs to develop strong understanding, speaking, reading, and writing skills.
Our workshops have been created by our very own SLEA clinical leadership team, including Helen Wade, MA, CCC-SLP, Founder and Executive Director and Anthony Jenkins, MA, BCBA.